CROSSFIT 323 30-Day “No BS” PALEO CHALLENGE
The challenge was designed to reward those who stay dedicated to maintaining healthy eating, sleep and exercise habits over 30-days. The reason it was set up that way is because eating Paleo isn’t a weight loss diet. The concept of Paleo is to provide your body with the optimal fuel that it was designed to run on.
Eating Paleo is primarily about feeling your absolute best, mentally and physically. But, losing body fat can and will be a side effect. Even for those who aren’t looking to lose pounds, changing how you eat is going to help your body build muscle, and those changes will be measurable.
I totally get that, limiting your food choices is a BIG deal mentally. I practiced CrossFit for over 2 years before I had the intention to really give it a shot. The first 2 weeks I had some bumpy (bone chilling) times, but my body and mind grew accustomed after a while. Did I see a difference? I was able to string together workout days, and hit PR’s. It was surprising in the middle of WOD’s when normally tired and fatigued, I was able to find “Second/ Third Winds”. My whole body felt ready to do work and slower to fatigue all around. If you haven’t tried this way of eating or are plateauing at a predictable fitness level, this is your chance to go further!
Our 30- Day “New Year” Paleo Challenge begins SUNDAY January 21 And End Monday, February 23.
There will be a $25.00 Entry Fee.
It Will Benefit Prizes For 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Winners (Male/ Female) And…
A BBQ On February 25, To Close Off The Challenge
You’ll be measuring your success over the 30- Days of the challenge using a system of points. There are 2 ways that you’ll be able to earn points for the challenge.
- Daily points for eating Paleo, along with bonus points for maintaining healthy sleep and exercise habits
- Benchmark workout, and skill assessment — performed at the beginning and end of the challenge
Daily Points & Bonus Points
Each challenge participant will start each day with 7 points. These points represent 7 aspects of the Paleo diet. Please report your points weekly.
- Eat Real Food.Lean Meat, seafood, eggs, vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruit, oils (like EVOO or coconut, walnut, avocado). Eat foods with very few ingredients, eat pronounceable/ natural ingredients, or better yet, no ingredients listed at all because they’re fresh and natural.
- Do Not Eat Dairy.This includes butter, cheese, yogurt and milk (including cream in your coffee).
- Do Not Eat Grains.This includes bread, pasta, corn, oatmeal. (Brown Rice OK)
- Do Not Eat Legumes.This includes beans of all kinds, lentils, and peanuts. No Peanut Butter!
- Do Not Eat Sugars Of Any Kind, Real Or Artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, Splenda, Truvia, Stevia, etc.
- Do Not Eat Processed Foods.This includes protein shakes, processed bars like Zone, Balance, and Pure Protein bars, dairy-free creamers, etc. Please speak with us if you have special needs.
- Do Not Drink Alcohol, In Any Form.
*Eat ANYTHING Fried= Lose ALL Day Points.
So, if you follow points 1-6, but have a beer with your dinner, you get 6 points for the day. Subtract a point for the day if you have cream in your coffee. Eat a bagel – subtract a point. Etcetera. If you have a beer, cream in your coffee and a bagel in one day, you’re down to 4 points for that day. If you have a question about whether something counts as a point or not, ask and we’ll figure out an answer.
- Earn one bonus point per day that you get 8.5+ hours of sleep.
- Earn one bonus point per day (maximum of 5 per week) for each WOD you complete at CrossFit 323
This is a way to better improve our lives and overall health. Points are awarded on the honor system. There will be a board in the gym for you to track points, on a daily basis.
A spreadsheet to keep track of your points electronically is available for download. We will also provide some hard copies at the box for those who prefer to track their points on paper.
To measure performance gains, we’ll be doing a benchmark WOD, and 2 skills, at the beginning and end of the challenge. The number of points awarded for improvement on the benchmark WOD, and skills TBD.
Find a partner or group, exchange phone numbers, and stay in touch. This will give you someone to stay accountable to, encourage, and someone with whom to compare notes.
Aside from the amazing fitness you will achieve. There will be prizes for our TOP 3 athletes. Prizes will be posted soon.